Friday, December 5, 2008

A Great Salmon Recipe: Maple Salmon

Over the past three weeks, I haven't been feeling 100%, so I haven't been out in the field a whole lot. Then, I have spent the better part of this past week getting various tests done, most of which required fasting. As of last night, I hadn't eaten in almost 48 hours, but I was still restricted because of another test, and could only eat off of a very limited menu. No meat, vegetables, butter, dairy, fried, or fatty foods. I was not very happy with my choices, but then I noticed at the bottom of the list that I could have fish! Rock On! So I dug up some old recipes and found a great one that is simple and delicious....

Maple SalmonIngredients:
1/4 cup Maple Syrup (if you want, you can cheat and use imitation)
1 pound of Salmon (I use fillets, but you can use stakes; just keep them under 2in. thick)
1/8 tbsp Ground Black Pepper
1 clove Garlic (minced)
1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
2 tbsp Soy Sauce


Mix together the soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper. In a shallow baking dish, place the salmon and coat with the syrup mixture, cover, and place in the fridge for 1 hour, turning once. Preheat the oven to 400F. Then, place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.



Simple as that. Easy and oh-so delicious. And it's healthy to boot!

No comments: